The League of Women Voters of Calvert County (LWVCC) has issued its report, Transparency of County Governance. The report assesses the effectiveness of the Calvert County government in engaging its citizens in important county decisions and includes three case studies. The study was undertaken as part of the League’s mission to foster greater citizen participation in government and greater understanding of county government operations and decision-making. Learn more about this report at http://leagueofwomenvoterscalvertcounty.wildapricot.org/Transparency
- Table of Contents and Report (pdf) <link to http://leagueofwomenvoterscalvertcounty.wildapricot.org/Resources/Documents/TransparencyStudy_9.28-WEB.pdf>
- Appendices & Acknowledgements (pdf) <link to http://leagueofwomenvoterscalvertcounty.wildapricot.org/Resources/Documents/TransparencyStudy_Appendices.pdf>
Please click on the attached file for your printable Calvert County General Election Voters' Guide - 2014.
Election day is Tuesday, November 4, from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Early voting runs from Thursday, October 23, 2014 through Thursday, October 30, 2014 from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m.
Welcome to League of Women Voters of Calvert County
The League of Women Voters is dedicated to providing well-researched and unbiased information so that all voters may become better informed. Browse this website or use the Search Box to learn more about issues, events, and your elected representatives. You can also:
- Sign up for our Free Email Action Alerts and Newsletters
- Register on this site. All LWV members in Calvert County should register.
During Elections, the League of Women Voters assists people to become more informed participants in their community and their government by
- producing Voters Guides;
- assisting at voter registration drives and providing information about voting;
- and hosting forums for candidates.
The LWV also
- researches issues such as transportation, housing, environmental concerns, campaign reform, etc. then produces Fact Sheets;
- conducts community forums on local, state, and national issues;
- distributes informational brochures and pamphlets;
- and provides information about government on the national, state, and local levels.
See the Elibrary for fact sheets, reports, and publications.